Tuesday, December 29, 2009

College Bowl Game Wanderlust for a Depressed Vikings Fan

After the depressing Vikings Bears game last night, I am feeling like I need to make big New Years plans to cheer myself up. I would love to fly to the Gophers Insight Bowl game in Arizona on December 31st – it’s going to be a fun Midwestern rival game and I love to support my hometown Gopher football team.

But, I wouldn’t mind being at the Gator Bowl either this year. #1 It’s in Jackonsville, Florida – gotta be warmer than here. #2 It’s legendary Bobby Bowdens last game. He has coached 34 seasons for the Florida Seminoles and it will be sad to see him go. He is definitely a college football coaching legend and I have tons of respect for him…can’t say that about Brad Childress, that’s for sure. There are still some Florida Seminoles Tickets left for the game, I wonder what a plane ticket to Jacksonville would cost me?

Gotta love college bowl games!

No comments: