Thursday, October 1, 2009

Minnesota Vikings - Green Bay Packers Game Preview

In case you have been living under a rock, I would like to use today's post to draw attention to the fact that the Minnesota Vikings and Brett Favre take on rivals (and former teammates) the Green Bay Packers on Monday October 5th at 7:30 in the HHH Metrodome. That's right sports fans... the former packer QB will be throwing for the Vikings on Monday to his new hometown crowd as scorned Packers fans look on.

Although the Green Bay Packers lead in the Pack-Vikes series 49-45-1, the Vikings won the 2008 match-up 29-27 and with the shock value of Brett Favre in a purple number 4 jersey many critics are predicting a Vikings Win.

While the media has had a hay-day with news coverage of Favre's first Packer-Vikings match-up in purple, we should remember that this is also the Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers first chance to step out of the light of being the "new Brett Favre" on the Packers roster, defeating Favre and the Vikings would be huge for Rodgers... The Vikings roster, especially Favre need to be prepared for a game of a lifetime out of Rodgers. I also think there needs to be note of the stakes on the line for both Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress and GB Packers head Coach Mike McCarthy. There are rumors from both camps that if this season doesn't go well, neither one of them will have a job... a win in the Packers-Vikings game would be a big boost for job security for either of these coaches.

So Vikings fans, I think its time for pre-game stretches, cheering and breath holding as the Minnesota Vikings set out to prove that the Green Bay Packers are nothing without Favre. GO Vikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Coach Childress,
I want the Vikings to win again and Green Bay to lose. I need to help you get a touchdown. Please help my Vikings win and Green Bay lose. I know it's a game, but I want the Vikings to win.

Ricky

Anonymous said...

Brilliant article. I was wondering if anyone knew of any cool websites where I could join a club for sports or something. I’ve heard of Clubbz.com, any others? Thanks guys. JB