Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vikings beat Green Bay Packers, Hit the Road for Two Games

I feel like this post will almost be the same as last Wednesday, but here it goes anyway:






→ Whew - the Vikings beat the Green Bay Packers 28-27 at the Metrodome. It was a desperately needed win (aren't they all if you are a Vikings fan? OR a Vikings head coach?)

→ The win puts the Vikes at 5-4 . . . tied for the lead in NFC North, don't jump off the wagon just yet Vikings fans – but be sure you clear your schedule for the Vikings Bears game on November 30th (Sunday after Thanksgiving) – it’s going to be big.

→ Jared Allen played well, any one think all the hype about him being hurt and not playing was just a mental tactic? I believe he is really hurt, but I also believe there was ZERO chance he was going to sit out.





→ The Minnesota Vikings head to Florida to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-3).

→ I will be glued to the TV at noon on Sunday and my better half and I will be fighting over the remote of the big TV for the football game or the final NASCAR race. He won last week; I think I should get it this week.

→ I am still standing by the fact that Brad Childress will be fired at the end of the year. Regardless if we go to the playoffs (well, unless we win the SB) – Go for it on 4th and 1 in such a crucial game? Never. He let Adrian Peterson and the Metrodome crowd get in his head. Not good. See ya Dr Phil.


    Prediction: Vikings 24 - Bucs 17
    Last week - I predicted the Vikings by two points, I was close for the second week in a row. I am better at this prediction thing than I thought I would be.

4 comments:

ironhead1210721 said...

I agree with you on everything except for the 4th and 1 call. The Vikes need to show that they have the fortitude to go for it. Granted they didn't get the first down I think it was the right call. Having played ball on into college myself, going for it when the pressure is on can do alot for your teams pyschee(?). Thats what I really loved about Mike Tice when he was the coach. Beyond all that I agree Childress has to go. That guy is just plain "strange". Let's pray Peterson stays healthy and Gus can turn it up. I am a life long fan who has lived and died with the purple and at times have all but given up on them.

Jason said...

What happened to our "easy" schedule at the end of the year? Chicago, Atlanta, Arizona, NY Giants...that's looking like one of the toughest schedules out there instead.

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

AHH I was so nervous during the game last weekend! I hope that the win really amped up the players for this weekend's game, we desperately need another (solid) win!

Anonymous said...

Vixen - what are your thoughts on yesterday's loss???