Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Vikings NFL Draft, Jared Allen plus…

The Minnesota Vikings chose five players in last weekends 2008 NFL Draft. Only five. The fewest in Vikings history. I suppose if you add Jared Allen into the mix then its six players, and I think you should definitely include Jared Allen in the total draftees since we gave up three draft choices to get him. I think the Vikes did OK on their picks. I would have liked John Carlson in a Vikings uniform, but he got scooped up before we got to pick. Sad…Vikings Vixen sheds a tear.

So who did we get? a safety, a quarterback, a defensive tackle, a center and a punt returner. Oh, you want to know their names? Why? They probably won’t be starting any time soon, but I would like to see that QB start if T.J. slips up (and I am certain he will). Newest members of your Minnesota Vikings Roster: Safety Tyrell Johnson (Arkansas State), Quarterback John David Booty (Southern Cal), Defensive Tackle Letroy Guion (Florida State), Center John Sullivan (Notre Dame) and Receiver Jaymar Johnson (Jackson State).

My favorite…you guessed it John Booty – I just love to say his name.

No comments: