Thursday, April 3, 2008

Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers on Monday Night

This Minnesota Vikings fan has been sitting around on pins and needles waiting for the NFL schedule to be released so I can plan my fall and winter trips to the HHH Metrodome. Well, the NFL has given us a taste of the schedule by announcing the opening Monday Night games which include a rival match-up between the Minnesota Vikings at the Green Bay Packers on September 8th.

Of course the game will be televised nationally on ESPN, but wouldn’t it be fun to go to Lambeau field in September? I wouldn’t have to worry about bringing my snow boots or electric hand warmers. I could just pack my purple parka and plan on having a great time at a great stadium and I bet they do some sort of Brett Favre tribute thing, too.

The Vikings players are pumped about the Monday Night Game. Bobby Wade is quoted as saying: "That's what it's all about," Wade said of the prime-time game. "Obviously, being in this league a while, you get excited for any game, whether it's two people or 70,000. But to be able to play on TV and be able to play in that type of environment will help us get to where we want to be at the end of the season."

Pat Williams said he "always has fun on TV," but he's especially "pumped" because the Vikings are playing the Packers. Well, so am I! Let’s bring the Pack down!

No comments: