Monday, March 19, 2007

Grand Marshall Matt Birk

This past Saturday was the annual drink green beer day or some refer to the day as St Patrick’s Day. After each beer, I kept sticking my tongue out and asking my beermates if it was green . . . it wasn’t, so I had to drink more beer! Everyone knows that our capitol city of St. Paul celebrates St. Patrick's Day in grand fashion and this year the man leading the parade was none other than Minnesota Viking, Matt Birk. As a native of St Paul and a local restaurant owner, Matt thought the job was a perfect fit. In fact, the original idea for the St. Patrick's Day Parade was formulated at Gallivan's restaurant and bar in 1967, which is where Matty B's Supper Club is currently located…coincidence? I think not.

I didn’t personally see Matt Birk in his Irish costume, but word on the street was that he looked pretty funny – definitely not ready to hold off any 300 pound linebackers. Maybe we should change it to the Minnesota O’Vikings team – they could use the luck!

No comments: