Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New(er) Vikings Stadium Plan


I don't know about you, but I have certainly lost count on how many Vikings Stadium plans are floating around... and yet, here is another:

The latest idea would build the stadium just east of the Metrodome on a parking lot. The new plan would, in theory, cut the time the Vikings would have to play at the U of M's TCF Bank Stadium - which the Vikings are opposed to doing at all.

Ted Mondale of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission says the plan could have a new stadium as much as three-fourths done before the Dome would have to be demolished.

I have yet to see an artistic rendering of this proposal, but Google Maps was able to provide me with a visual of the parking lot I assume is at the heart of the location. The lot is denoted by the letter 'A'. Just a guesstimate, but I am thinking three-fourths is an overestimation and that there is no way the new stadium could be 75% completed before the Dome is dome-molished.

However, I respect Mondale for his ability to throw out fractions like fact - its great salesmanship seeing as most people probably won't go to the trouble of researching like I did. What... a politician.

No comments: