Monday, December 24, 2007

Vikings lose to Redskins

The Minnesota Vikings lost to the Washington Redskins last night at the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome and it was heartbreaking. The Vikings offense was pathetic and Tarvaris Jackson was back to his early season ways of making bad plays and bad passes. His turnovers deflated any hopes that the Vikings could run over the Redskins like they had done to the Chargers. The Washington Redskins defense was smart and held Adrian Peterson to 27 yards on nine carries and Chester Taylor to 14 yards on six carries effectively shutting down the Vikings offense. The Vikings defense couldn’t come up with any big plays either –such a sad day to be a Vikings fan.

The final Vikings Redskins score was 21-32 and caused me to cry out in misery in front of the extended family that was present thanks to the Christmas holiday. To every one who knows my superstitious plight that Vikings Vixen is a Vikings jinx, I would like to say, for the record, I did not bet the Vikings would win and I hardly watched the game – I just couldn’t bear to.

No comments: