Monday, November 26, 2007

Vikings beat Giants in New York

Vikings Vixen has a huge crush on the Manning brothers. Although I have deeper affection for big brother Peyton Manning, I would be equally enthralled to be face to face with Eli Manning. My Minnesota Vikings took that opportunity on Sunday and the Vikings defense shut Eli Manning down. My boy Darren Sharper, teammate Dwight Smith and don’t forget Chad Greenway all picked off passes by Manning and returned them for touchdowns. The Vikings beat the Giants in a landslide 41-17 victory.

It’s tough to get a road victory, but the Vikings defense made it look easy. The Vikings even set a team single-game record for interception returns for touchdowns. I have to admit I didn’t think my 5-6 Vikings had a chance against the 7-4 Giants. I even bet against them in my fantasy picks…oh Vikings Vixen can be such a pessimist. Heck, even Tarvaris Jackson didn’t look bad and I didn’t think that was possible in this lifetime.

No comments: