Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Vikings Lose, Favre Sets a Record, I cry

OK, Vikings Vixen has got over her little temper tantrum regarding the Vikings 23-16 loss to the Green Bay Packers. I personally attended the game and got soaked thanks to Mother Nature – even she was upset over the Vikings loss! Do you want to know the good thing about the rain? The Packers fans couldn’t tell I was crying as I was walking to my car. It was a tough game to watch- I had such high hopes and there were plenty of bright spots in the game. Adrian Peterson looked fantastic, Chester Taylor looked good and Chad Greenway made a few plays I could cheer about.

The bad thing besides the play calling, the refs, Kelly Holcomb, the Vikings wide receivers and of course the loss, was that Brett Favre broke his Metrodome curse and came away with a victory and a broke Dan Marino’s touchdown record. Favre danced around like a damn sugar hyped ballerina when he broke the record. He’s a good QB and I am not a Favre hater, but I do hate that he broke the record under my roof, in my hometown. The real question I keep asking myself is “Are the Packers for real?” Well, they finally lost a game last Sunday to the Bears (I was shocked and it hosed my football picks), but the Pack is still looking like they are the front runners of the NFC North. Time will tell...

No comments: