Monday, February 5, 2007

2007 Vikings Schedule

I am anxiously waiting for the Minnesota Vikings to announce their 2007 schedule. I realize that the Super Bowl ended just a few hours ago, but I am ready for a new season already! My friend writes a Twin Cities Tickets blog and he said it best when he said there were two things that totally sucked on Super Bowl Sunday: #1 The Vikings weren't on the field and #2 it was 100 degrees warmer in Miami than Minnesota! Now, I can't change the weather (although, the global warming doomsayers say that I do), but I would love to change the fact that the Minnesota Vikings have been absent from the Super Bowl games for far too long.

In order to be in the Super Bowl next year, the Minnesota Vikings will have to really turn it up and win some games. In 2007, the Vikings have a pretty fun schedule . . . they have regular season home games with:

Green Bay
Chicago
Detroit
Philadelphia
Washington
Oakland
San Diego
Atlanta

Now, the division games against the Packers, the Bears, and the Lions are a no brainer, but I was pleased to see the Vikings get to host the Raiders again (Randy Moss back at the dome is always a crap shoot) and I am a huge Redskins fan (I think many Minnesotans are - I am a big Joe Gibbs believer and I will definitely be at that game). Both Philly and San Diego crushed their respective divisions so those should be competitive games and I think the Vikes always have a little bit of an ax to grind with Atlanta.

The official 2007 schedule is released mid-April. I guess I will have to wait until then to start requesting my vacation days and looking for Vikings Tickets!

Fact: The Vikings have sold out 94 consecutive home games

No comments: