Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Donovan McNabb, Practically the New Quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings


I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like Donovan McNabb is on the verge of becoming the next quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings. The Minnesota Vikings and Washington Redskins have come to a preliminary agreement that will send Donovan McNabb to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for two 6th round picks.

All I have to say is wow. Talk about a huge swing for the fences move by the Vikings. Don't get me wrong, I love the move, but I thought I was about to watch a 5-11 season, but am now possibly going to watch a playoff team. This changes everything for the Vikings in terms of hope for next season. Watching Ponder as a rookie would have been fun, but I would much rather have McNabb.

I like this move a lot for Ponder. Ponder would have been able to run a conservatively styled offense this next season, but why not let him learn from McNabb? McNabb has much more experience and Ponder won't be under as much pressure to succeed early.

The next course of action for the Vikings? They must sign Sidney Rice. I know they are competing with the Seattle Seahawks for his services, but they absolutely have to sign him. Without him, I don't like the Donovan McNabb trade nearly as much. If we want to win with McNabb, he's got to have all the weapons at his disposal.

No comments: