Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Minnesota Vikings Quaterback Debate

Jake Locker and Ryan MallettThe 1st Round of the NFL Draft will begin on Thursday night, meaning tomorrow night. There is so much situations that the Minnesota Vikings could do. However, this post will focus solely on the quarteback options.

This is assuming Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert are both gone by the #12 pick.

QB Possibilities, in the order that I hope we draft.
- Jake Locker
- Ryan Mallett
- Christian Ponder
- Andy Dalton
- Ricky Stanzi
- Colin Kaepernick



I'm still sold on Jake Locker. I think the kid just has a bright future in the NFL, he's a gamer. Mallett can throw the ball a mile, I think he has high upside even with his limited mobility. Ponder has high football IQ but nothing at Florida State told me he was a franchise quarterback, but what do I know. Dalton is a winner, but is he just a game manager? Stanzi had a great senior year but I think lacks the arm strength. Kaepernick can run, but we don't need another quarterback who can run.

No comments: